Wednesday

August 29, 2007

Last day of work at my part-time research fellow job today. The professor who was never sufficiently impressed with me was finally impressed with the paper I wrote (yay!). Hopefully he'll write his sections and we can submit it for publication. I'll need to keep on him about that.

I'm now solely supported by my consulting income. It's scary but liberating, and I feel more adult-like somehow. Job prospects, as in a permanent full-time job, are scattered and disparate and I'm unsure how to "package" myself. I'm looking at both applied/practice and academic positions. One came up today at a Foundation in Los Angeles. Aren't houses that would be $250k here like a million dollars there? Geez. But it's an awesome position and they actually want someone with a PhD.

Not quite done with the dissertation yet -- give me two more weeks for a full draft (of crap, but a full draft o' crap).

No comments: