My out of state driver's license, which I have stubbornly held on to for the last five years, is going to expire in about two weeks. I held on to it as incentive to get back to the place I came from before it expired, and well, that didn't happen. So now I have to get a stinky ole Texas driver's license, but I don't want to surrender my old one, because I like to keep stuff like that for the historical record I hold in various boxes in the back of my closet. Apparently it is against the law to have two valid licenses at the same time, so they take the old one when you go in. The thing to do is tell them I "lost it," but won't that look suspicious when they see that it is coincidentally expiring in two weeks? Plus I am a terrible liar. Won't they know I'm lying? Anyone have any advice? If I wait until the out of state one expires, they won't need to keep it but then I have to take the written driver's test - no way!
So, should I lie? Or should I just give it to them?
UPDATE: So I totally lied. I'm so proud. It was a little hairy for a while because at first they couldn't find my license record in the other state's database. But soon I will have the official license which will stand as a reminder of my failure to return to the promised land within five years. I know, I'm being overly dramatic. Too bad this license doesn't come with in-state tuition.
Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment