Saturday

I did it!

It wasn't quite as breezy as many had told me it would be, but I successfully defended yesterday! It took about an hour and a half, and while there was never any question as to whether they were going to sign or not, there were a couple of solid questions thrown my way that I could have handled better. And because I am who I am, I have been replaying the discussion in my head to see how I could have answered things more eloquently or impressively. I mean, I basically feel like I didn't answer Professor High Status' question. They all liked my research so much, I wanted to live up to their expectations and be able to wow them with my ability to precisely articulate my conclusions; I'd give myself a C+/B- in that department. Some of the comments were sort of pointless, but I respectfully nodded and waited for them to move on. I felt kind of dazed afterward, and wanted to process it more with my advisor, but I won't be able to do that until Monday. I knocked back a few pints of Guinness last night and I'm looking forward to M.I.A. tonight!



Posted by Dr. Stuckupgirl on November 3, 2007 :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! Horray! Mazel Tov!

Silver Zephyr said...

Ha ha....I expect you'll change your blog title to Dr. Stuck Up Girl now (: Congrats. We're all very proud of you. Holy Shit You're a PHD! MIA was great BTW. I'm glad we got to go.